Sunday, January 17, 2010

let's start over, but right this time

ok ok ok ok ok ok ok
extended warm up per Joc and Kyle
foam roll, etc...

AMRAP 10 mins
12 pull ups
12 ball slams 40#
12 ghd
 this wod started with a diff rep scheme and muscle ups but i could tell my wrist was a no go for the muscle ups so we changed mid stream. In the end the 12 rep scheme was best and a very hard wod.
I got around 4 rounds I think.

In regards to my rant and the subsequent responses: :)
Joc, I couldnt have imagined your dedication to training and your willingness to help. Thank you for dealing with my whining. Kyle and Leah you to, but you didnt write 2 pages of comments so you only get a footnote. I think I should start by really examining what i am training for, and to be honest Im really not sure anymore. I want to be all things at once, i guess. In the past my goals were, get bigger and get stronger, end of story. Now with the CF mode and oly lifts added there is so much that it can be hard to decide what I, personally am doing. After a year plus of training in an "arbitrary" manner (i dont mean that in a deragatory way since I feel that one of the greatest things about Cf is the arbitrary feeling of even though it is not hopefully true). I was really just trying to get better at everything, ie learn how to do everything muscle ups, kipping pull ups, deadlift, sorta over head squat. So now I think it is time to start to make real goals, and focus a bit more. But where? on what? I remember when I was a golds guy and every now and then people would ask me what to do when they wanted to get bigger and lean out at the same time. I would tell them choose one and do that, then do the other. I would say that you CANNOT do both and make any huge gains either way. I reality they should have asked someone who had a clue.
My strength is good (who cares if Kyle can front squat more than me?) actually my strength is very good. So lets say we only need to keep it the same-maintain. I mean honestly a 525 deadlift is pretty freakin good. My metcon is pretty good. Not incredible but we all know I am pretty beastly. SO HERE IT IS... I want to lean the fuck out. and here is why... I have never leaned out in my life. I have always gone for the bigger, stronger more bro training program. ok? lets do it. guide me coach. please dont say it is simply going zone+paleo. I fucking hate thinking in blocks. i have cut out milk and im weening cheese. im exchanging bananas for pears or oranges. we know my diet is pretty decent, for 2.0 ill ranp it up even more so. but i need specific coaching. so who will do it? i could do some free graphic design for you? does this mean i come in to either a class or not and do my own wod regardless of what is going on for the masses? is that cool? is someone willing to plan it out with me? yeah? well then lets fuckin do it.
this is our goal:



not this.

3 comments:

  1. Ah, you are sounding a little competetive for this challenge. I am not scared though, I will only work harder.

    Blocks are not that hard! Once you block out your food for a couple of weeks you can eye-ball most things.

    And if you want to eat the best fruit for leaning out, you need to eat berries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leaning out is my goal too. (Although I could certainly stand to gain a little muscle mass :) I'll be curious to see what the coaches tell you. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, unfortunatly we don't offer Air Brushing at CF West to make it look like you have a six pack so I guess you are just going to have to get your DIET dialed in. That's 80% of it my friend.
    Do what your coach programs, eat clean Paleo with little fruit/lots of veggies, little nut intake and let the games begin!

    ReplyDelete